Our sincere thanks to all those who participated in our Sky’s the Limit raffle.
Dreena Thorpe has won 2 tickets to anywhere Westjet flies!
TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE IN THE LOBBY DURING THE RUN OF I HEARD ABOUT YOU MURDER AND THE FRINGE!
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS:
The Sky’s the Limit!
Varscona Theatre Raffle
10329 - 83 Ave Edmonton, AB T6E 2C6
500 TICKETS PRINTED
License # 467253
Charity Number: 87781 7304 RR0001
Draw Date: September 20, 2017 at the Varscona Theatre in Edmonton AB
Must be 18 years of age to purchase
Prize: “Gift of Flight” valid for one (1) round-trip flight for two (2) guests, to any regularly scheduled WestJet destination! (Charter, codeshares and interline partners exempt, blackout dates apply)
* No Cash Value | PRIZE AWARDED AS IS
Approximate retail value of the value of maximum potential retail value of $2,900 (depending on destination chosen and time of booking from originating city)
Draw: WestJet Gift of Flight, value of maximum potential retail value of $2,900 (depending on destination chosen and time of booking from originating city)
- One return trip for two people to any scheduled WestJet destination. This voucher includes all air travel fees, taxes, and surcharges and is valid on WestJet flights only, not valid for flights on or continued on WestJet’s code share partners. All gifts of flight are subject to promotional space availability at the time of booking. Peak dates such as statutory holidays and airline blackout periods (Christmas, Easter, long weekends, spring break) are considered black out periods and are not available for flights. Flights must be round trip. The prize is valid until July 20, 2018. The prize is not valid for redemption on WestJet Vacations’ packages or with WestJet charter or code share partners. Changes and extensions to the expiry date are not permitted. Other restrictions apply.
Prize is valid towards return travel until July 20, 2018. Seats are subject to availability and promotional space. Prize is not valid for any flights departing after such date and extensions to the expiry date are not permitted. Prize cannot be booked more than 30 days prior to departure. Peak dates such as, but not limited to; all U.S and Canadian statutory holidays (i.e. long weekends) and airline blackout periods are not available. Prizewinner and his/her designated guest must travel on the same itinerary in both directions. Winner and his/her guest are responsible for transportation to and from the gateway airport and all other expenses not stated as included herein. Changes to flights and or passenger names are not accepted, once the booking has been confirmed. Prize is not valid for redemption on WestJet Vacations’ packages, or WestJet’s charter or code-share partners. Only valid on regularly scheduled, marketed and operated WestJet flights. Not eligible for benefits or features associated with non-promotional fare types.
- Transportation is subject to availability, blackout periods, government restrictions and regulations, airline, airport or other transportation restrictions and regulations. Winner and guest are responsible for all expenses other than those mentioned above as included including, but not limited to airport improvement fees, taxes, surcharges, other transportation, attractions, merchandise, souvenirs, travel insurance, travel visas and all other personal expenses of any kind. The prize supplier is not responsible for any delay, postponement, suspension, rescheduling or cancellation, for any reason, of any flight(s) and winner will not be compensated in the event of such delay, cancellation or other event described herein. Other restrictions may apply.
- Prize is non-transferable (and without limiting the foregoing, the prize may not be sold or traded), must be taken as offered and cannot be substituted, redeemed or exchanged for cash, credit or alternative prizes, except in the prize suppliers’ sole discretion. Prize supplier reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. No credit or reimbursement will be provided if prize is not taken. Prize cannot be combined with any other promotional offer or offers provided by the prize supplier.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries receive
RULES & REGULATIONS
This raffle is subject to the rules and laws of the Alberta Liquor and Gaming Commission.
Please review the following rules and regulations for this draw.
- Individuals must be 18 years of age or older to purchase tickets. Pursuant to the public Trustee Act, ticket buyers must not write the name of a person under the age of 18 on a ticket.
- Ticket sales will only take place in the province of Alberta.
- Tickets can be sold for cash, cheques, money order, and by debit and credit cards. Cheques and money orders shall be made payable to the Varscona Theatre. Ticket stubs purchased by cheque and credit card will not be included in any draws until payment clears the bank.
- Employees, members of the Board of Directors of the Varscona Theatre and their immediate families are not eligible to purchase Raffle Tickets.
- There is no refund or exchange on Raffle Tickets.
- No tax receipt will be issued for any portion of the price of a Raffle Ticket.
- The Varscona Theatre has the right to publish the name and/or photographs of the winner.
- Total Ticket Value - $10,000.00 for a total of 500 Tickets
2017 & 2018 Blackout Dates
2018 Blackout Dates*
January 1 - 7, 2018
February 15 - 20, 2018
March 8 - 11, 2018
March 15 - 18, 2018
March 22 - 25, 2018
March 29 - April 3, 2018
April 6 - 8, 2018
May 17 - 22, 2018
June 28 - July 3, 2018
August 2 - 7, 2018
August 30 - September 4, 2018
October 4 - 9, 2018
November 8 - 13, 2018
December 15 - 24, 2018
December 26, 2018 - January 6, 2019
*Blackouts are for ALL WestJet Destinations*
2017 Blackout Dates*
January 1 – 8, 2017
February 16- 21, 2017
March 3 - 5, 2017
March 10 - 12, 2017
March 17 - 19, 2017
March 24 - 26, 2017
April 13 - 14, 2017
April 16 - 17, 2017
May 18 - 19, 2017
May 22 - 23, 2017
June 29 - July 4, 2017
August 3 - 5, 2017
August 7 - 8, 2017
August 31 - September 1, 2017
September 4 - 5, 2017
October 5 - 6, 2017
October 9 - 10, 2017
November 9 - 14, 2017
December 14 - 24, 2017
December 26 - 31, 2017
*Blackouts are for ALL WestJet Destinations*
*NOTE: The dates listed above are subject to change. Please call the WestJet Sales Super Centre at 1-877-768-8395 for a current list of dates.
Official Rules, Regulations, & Draw Procedures
Varscona Theatre Alliance Society Raffle
AGLC Raffle License # 467253
The following are the Rules, Regulations, and Draw Procedures for Varscona Theatre Alliance Society (Varscona Theatre) 2017 Raffle:
- Total ticket value is $10,000.00 (ten thousand dollars). 500 tickets will be available at $20.00 each.
- Individuals must be 18 years of age or older to purchase tickets. Pursuant to the Public Trustee Act, ticket buyers must not write the name of a person under the age of 18 on a ticket. Ticket sellers must advise adult ticket buyers not to write the name of a person under the age of 18 on a ticket.
- All tickets must be purchased and sold in Alberta. Persons visiting from out of province may purchase a ticket if the entire transaction of payment and receipt of ticket occurs while the person is in Alberta.
- Tickets can be sold for cash, credit card, or cheque or money order made payable to Varscona Theatre. While non-certified cheques and credit card payments will be accepted, until the proceeds from these ticket sales are actually received, tickets stubs will not be included in any draws. Tickets cannot be purchased online.
- There is no refund or exchange on tickets.
- No tax receipt will be issued for any portion of the price of a ticket.
- Varscona Theatre employees and board members, and the spouses and children of Varscona Theatre employees and board members, are not eligible to purchase tickets.
- All draws will be made in accordance with AGLC guidelines, and will take place in Edmonton, Alberta, at the Varscona Theatre 10329- 83 Ave on Wednesday September 20 2017.
- Varscona Theatre must be able to account for all tickets. Prior to the draw, Varscona Theatre shall reconcile the number of sold tickets and unsold tickets, as indicated in the raffle ticket sales record, with the number of ticket stubs in the draw container, to ensure that all eligible tickets form part of the draw.
- The draw must be open to the public. At least one Varscona Theatre Executive Board Member and one member of the public who is not a member of Varscona Theatre must be present to witness each draw.
- The Ticket shall be drawn from a container that is transparent or constructed with mesh so that tickets can be seen from the outside.
- The draw can be made by any person who does not own a ticket or a share of a ticket in the draw container.
- The arm of the person making the draw must be bare of clothing below the elbow and they must exhibit their draw arm and both sides of their open hand to the draw witnesses, immediately prior to making the draw.
- Only the person making the draw may put their arm/hand in the draw container.
- When selecting winning ticket, the person making the draw shall look away from the container in the direction of the witnesses.
- A record of the winning ticket shall be made indicating the ticket serial number, the name, address, and phone number of the prizewinner and the time and date the ticket was drawn.
- Varscona Theatre shall retain all tickets with the raffle records for two years after the last draw date.
- If a draw occurs and Varscona Theatre later determines not all eligible ticket stubs were placed into the draw container, AGLC is to be notified immediately. The raffle manager will submit a Discrepancy Report to the AGLC within three days of discovering not all eligible tickets were placed into the draw container. The Discrepancy Report shall specify the total number and serial numbers of the affected tickets and an explanation for how the problem occurred. Normally, Varscona Theatre will have to conduct a second draw with all eligible ticket stubs and award another set of prizes equivalent to the original list of approved prizes.
- The Winner has eight (8) months from the date of the draw to claim their prize. In the event that a winner(s) cannot be located after eight (8) months, the prize or moneys equivalent to the fair market value of the prize will, be null.
- The Varscona Theatre has the right to publish the names and/or photographs of the prizewinner.
- In the event a winning ticket stub has more than one name on it, Varscona Theatre shall award the prize to only one of the individuals identified on the ticket, and Varscona Theatre and the AGLC are not responsible for any disputes which may arise between the different individuals whose names appear on the ticket stub.
- Prize Draw: WestJet 1 Gift of Flight for two (2).
- Prize delivery cost will be the responsibility of Varscona Theatre.